Sunday, December 21, 2008

"New" Pants

I finished the pants that I said I was going to make. It only took me about two hours from start to finish. I could not have done them if I had the girls by myself; it would have been too distracting. Joel was off today and played with them while I made the pants. Speaking of which, he is off of work until January 14 due to a shutdown where he works. It really blows since he does not have enough vacation to cover the time off. On the other hand, it will be a nice little break for both of us. We are going to go be leaving for his home town a couple of days after Christmas. We will be gone a week or so. I really do not know how long that we will be gone. Anyways, back to the pants....I think that they are super cute and are very cold weather appropriate. The stitching is a little messy but hey, it was my first try! It was 18 degrees this morning, a big change from being in the sixties yesterday. I love making something old into something new. I'm looking forward to making the girls new pillow case dresses this spring. I've turned my girls into baby models. I hope I don't give them a complex ;). I love Naomi's expression in the first picture. I think she likes posing!!!

1 comment: