Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ramble On


After seven months of nursing Naomi in the rocking chair, getting her to sleep, and then trying to put her down only to have her immediately awaken, I figured out the trick. I have to lay down with her then , sneak off after she stops eating vigorously, which is about 10 minutes. I've been reluctant to try this in the past because, I don't want to get into the habit of laying down to get her to sleep because, I usually multitask when I'm feeding her (i.e. surfing the web). But hey, it turns out I end up having more time to goof around since she is actually staying asleep. I still do not understand how Joel can get her to sleep 99% of the time by just patting her but, if it's me she wants to eat. I guess she just gets too close to the buffet when I'm holding her.

Naomi and I did not go to church today because she has a hard time taking her morning nap when we are there, and we are doing something different this afternoon so I did not want to totally screw her up. They are having a production of Peter Pan today at Denison High School at 2. I am taking Libby to go see it. She has not seen the movie (she's getting it for Christmas), but we have read a book about Peter Pan. At the Denison Christmas parade there was a Peter Pan float. She was amazed at the Indians and pirates. Libby is going to skip her afternoon nap to go but, that's not really a biggie since she doesn't have a melt down if it's only once in awhile. Watch today be the day that she does have one. I'm leaving Naomi with Joel for the longest time ever to take Libby. That is why I did not want to take her to church today because, I am hoping that if we stick to our routine, she will take her usual nap from 2-4 today and won't even know that I am gone. I have some pumped milk in the freezer but, we have had no luck with getting her to take it. It's not like I am going to be gone for a century, so even if she refuses it I'm sure things will work out okay. Yeah, I am a little worried though. I rarely leave her, so this is going to be interesting. Joel does great with her, even better than me sometimes, so I really should not worry.
And for the record....Those "Breathe Right" nose strips to help a person stop snoring DO NOT WORK!!! We (er, me) are having some major issues with Joel's snoring. I had dreams of people snoring the other night only to wake up to have Joel blasting his snooze decibels in my left ear. Speaking of dreams, last night I had a dream that I was shopping at Babies R Us. The store was nasty and they were selling groceries (what is the relevance to that?!?) as well. I pulled the manager aside to complain of the filth and she just shrugged me off. Weird.
I better go finish some laundry and start on lunch. Joel and Libby will be back soon from church and I need to make it look like I've been doing something. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment