Friday, December 26, 2008

Visit with Anita

We had an exhausting day today, too! We went to Target to get some batteries for some of the girl's toys. It was super crowded! We were in line for a long time, so I had Joel take the girls to the restroom to change Naomi's diaper and take Libby to go pee. Thanks Joel. Anyways he had to wait forever at the family bathroom to go in. A person without kids came out after being in there for 5 minutes. Seriously people, don't go in a family restroom unless you have a reason to! We FINALLY got out of there and hit up the mall. My mom (thanks mom I know you are reading), and my sister in law (who is pictured with her husband), both got me gift cards to New York and Company so I wanted to go there. And O-M-G they had a HUGE sale going on! They had shirts and pants for $3.99. I got 10 items and still have $30 left to spend. (Yay me! I can put up my maternity shirts for real this time! I have real people clothes yay!) I was having so much luck with the clothes that I lost track of the time. We were supposed to meet Joel's sister and brother in law at his aunt Anita's house around 5:30 or 6:00. Well, I assumed that 6 was still a good time so when Joel told me to hurry up because it was 5:30, I thought that I had plenty of time since they live just about a mile away from the mall. After leaving the store with some great finds, I looked down at the phone and saw that there were three missed calls. Ooops. I guess 5:30 was the meeting time so, were 30 minutes late. I hate being late for anything. I felt pretty bad when we got there. We ended up having a great visit. Libby was being extra charming, telling her great aunt and uncle about witches (The Wizard of Oz) and Doodlebops. Naomi got quite messy with her turkey and sweet potato meal. I need to give her some more greens; her nose has that orangish color to it again. Joel brought is new ukulele that my mom and I got him for Christmas. Anita put some records on (yes real vinyl) and Libby and I danced to some songs on one of the best albums ever made. Anita and Don got the girls matching pajamas, and we put Libby's on over her clothes because it is fun to dress up sometimes. Anita might be riding with us on our trip to Zapata on Sunday.I am looking forward to having fun on the road and stopping at many HEB's and McDonald's on the way. It will be fun to finally get there and visit with family and, watch Libby have fun with all of her cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment