Friday, August 21, 2009

bleh

Today was ridiculous. And to write down all that happened would just remind me of how much un fun we had. Just one of those days...and I'm so glad it is almost over.

We did go to The Children's Museum around 2:30 and bought a yearly membership. Seems like it used to be more expensive. It's only $75/a year now and they have great membership perks like parent nights out, which Libby can go to. The place is kind of a death trap for Naomi so I have to be on the watch or she tries to climb the pirate ship ramp, or the steep stairs to the book clubhouse. But it's such a fun place to let the kids roam, play and socialize.

Today I realized that I have 6 months until my due date. Then I started thinking about elephants who are pregnant for 22 months. That is just pure agony. I read that their babies weigh about 250 pounds. OUCH! This made me think of when I went for my prenatal appointment and the estimated weight of baby on the chart said '8 pounds'. It was clearly a mistake since I am only 13 weeks. Dr. C and I had a laugh over this. I'd be one huge lady at the end of all this if my baby was already that huge. I did gain 6 pounds last month to my dismay. Ugh. How is that even possible??? The baby is the size of a SHRIMP! I'm making a conscience decision to walk a mile a day and eat better from here on out.

K I guess I better go, I have snacks to make and diapers to wash. Didn't I just wash diapers the day before yesterday? This is getting old. I'm buying more diapers with next year's tax return. Cloth diapers are expensive to start out with and a pain to wash but it is nice not ever having to buy diapers throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment