Monday, August 17, 2009

Meeting went well!

Meeting was great! It was only four of us but that's okay. We only got through O doing the ABC's of breastfeeding. We kept coming up with all kinds of advantages and branching off to discuss them and how they've helped us in our mommy careers! Big advantages we discussed is how amazingly FREE it is to nurse our babies, how it's easy bc there is no late night bottle making or figuring out how many bottles to pack for outings, how healthy our children have been (no bowel issues, less dr visits,), how diverse our milk is...it is an ever changing tissue (like blood) and has different and changing flavors from day to day. The chubby girl in me just can't imagine eating the same thing day after day after day. I think it is so frickin awesome that my babes get to drink virtually something different everyday since my diet is forever changing. (strawberries one day, ramen noodles the next!) the list goes on and on. Had a lot of fun with the other moms!

After I left the meeting I realized that I need to change the time. Libby is starting preschool and I will have to pick her up from school on Mondays at 11:30. Joel is off work but he is starting EMT classes so he's going to be at school during that time. I would like to start a night meeting that way working moms would be more likely to come. There is a member in the group who is becoming accredited as well, so the plan was to have a morning and a night meeting every month anyways. She should be done soon...so I may go ahead and start with the evening meetings. Hope that doesn't make it too difficult for the SAHMs to come. Although I remember when I started going to meetings, they were at 7pm. So why not? hmmmm that will interfere with the new bedtime we've got going on but it's just once a month so it should be ok.

K, well i'm off...Got to go get Libby's vaccine affadavit notarized this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment